As a busy working mother of three kids under 8, I always wondered if I am doing all that I should be when it comes to religion. I made a conscious decision to include islamic activities to increase kids’ knowledge. Here I am listing all the activities that I can think of:
1. Teach kids to read Arabic.
2. Spend some time with kids talking about Stories in the Quran, Stories of the Prophets.
3. Spend some time with kids to talk about what is good and what is bad based on Hadith and what our beloved prophet(SAWS) told us to do and not to do.
4. Make them aware of importance and benefits of reciting Quran everyday.
5. Make them aware of obligatory acts of worship – Salah, Zakat, Hajj, Saum(Fasting in Ramadhan), doing good deeds and forbidding evil deeds. Involve them while praying Salah, giving Zakat, Suhr and Iftaar during Ramadhan.
6. Buy some books on Stories in the Quran, stories of Prophets and other islamic books. Read to them the stories. Keep the books available, so they can reach out and read.
What do you do? I would love to hear your thoughts.